During Week 10, I met my external advisor to discuss the progress I have made thus far and gave me advice on what I should do this week. I first began cleaning up my code by using abstractions and methods. Because I started creating methods in my classifier class, my program started running much faster and much more efficiently. Instead of running for hours, my program runs in around 30 seconds to 1 minute. I also figured out how to run my program from the command line, which allowed me to use more of my articles in my program to get better results. By cleaning my code and running from the command line, I was able to get around 75% accuracy by using most of my data. I was also working on my final presentation for my senior project.
Next week, I will be working on my final presentation and will explore other classifiers.
Thanks for reading!