Hi everyone, I hope you had a fun week since my last post!
I fixed that “small error” I mentioned last week. TopHat is super old and has fallen into disrepair. In fact, it’s been replaced by a shiny new software that gets regular maintenance (unlike TopHat). I had originally installed the latest version of TopHat but it has some errors that haven’t been fixed for years, so when I tried to run it, it didn’t work. To fix this issue, I installed a previous version of TopHat and that did the trick! My test data ran successfully and I was one happy person.
Unfortunately, when I went to go test my actual data, things didn’t go as smoothly. Since I had installed Bowtie using Miniconda, it was missing some files (Miniconda only downloaded the executables but I also needed the indexes for reference). So, I re-downloaded Bowtie from the website. But every time I fixed an error, another one would pop up, so that’s what I’m working on now: Fixing the latest error. My goal is that I’ll be able to sort out these little things by the beginning of next week and find some interesting things!
Have a fun week!