This week’s post is coming a little late, but I have an excuse, I swear! I’ve been going on college tours and spending a vast amount of time overthinking my decision, but I did manage to get a lot of work done last week!
Most of the week was spent further developing the website – after finally making the site look and function the way I wanted to (which involved really having to get the hang of HTML) I changed the headers, the font, the colors, and added cool things like a clickable map. I also spent an UNCOMFORTABLE amount of time using SQL to insert data into the tables, and I am still only about halfway through. It’s not as easy as it sounds! The names of the officers aren’t easy to find, so I’ve been having to use a random name generator that I’m PRETTY sure is mostly used by writers so that I can make sure everyone stays anonymous. I’ll probably spend the rest of this week trying to get even more of that information into the database.
After all of that work, I was finally able to get it working and it looks pretty much exactly how I want it to! All I need to do now is move everything to a cloud so it can go live. Once that happens, I’ll link it in the post.
Stay tuned for more (hopefully not sporadic) updates!