A rather strange series of events occurred this week:
On Sunday, I had compiled a list of possible audiences that I can market to using the Facebook Audience Insights Tool. On Monday, I had met with Sahar to talk about my progress and get an alternative person’s POV on my project. After meeting with her, I had created my ad and published it.
The following day, I opened my Facebook and was expecting to look at the results. However, I was blocked from my Facebook account stating that I cannot use Facebook due to security reasons. I checked my email to find that on Monday, Facebook had emailed me (I assume because it is a part of their AI) saying that my ad was “against their community standards”. I knew this was a mistake so I had sent a “login issue” report. On Wednesday night, I checked my email to find Facebook saying that it was a mistake on their part and that my ad was, in fact, in alignment with their community standards, and I was granted access to my account. I was relieved.
On Thursday, I had told Mr. McCorkle the entire story, and we agreed that it could have been worse. I told him that I would publish the ads again. As soon as I got home from school, I checked my Facebook to find that I was unable to log in. However, I had not published any ads so I have no clue why they would do that. I think it has to do with their AI. I send it another report so hopefully they get back to me soon because even now (Friday) I am not able to access Facebook.
I will keep you guys posted in the next blog.