Hey everyone, welcome to my second blog post. After spending the first week getting familiar with Xamarin and Android Studios, I spent the majority of the second week developing a date/time picker using Android Studios. I started with Android Studios because it operates through Java language, which I am a lot more familiar with, compared to C#, the language that is used by Xamarin Studios. I expected for this task to take a couple weeks, but I was able to create and finish the date/time picker in around 4 days. The images below show the results of my work through an Android emulator.
This first image is the “home screen” where the user can choose the date and time.
These next 2 images show the picker that is displayed when you press on either the time or date button.
This last image shows the result when both the date and time is selected.
The only significant challenge I had was when it came to displaying the time. The time library I had used was pre-set to military time standard but my company wanted to time to be displayed in 12-hour format. Converting from 24-hour to 12-hour turned out to be significantly harder than it should be.
Having got this model approved by my external advisor, my next challenge during the third week is to implement the same algorithm and design into Xamarin studios. This will be significantly harder and will definitely more than a week to complete. Thank you!